Yolanda Zhao, Zhilan Song
Tackling the dysfunctional waste management system and gigantic “landfill”, the proposal is trying to propose a zero-waste management system specifically for Delhi's current waste management dilemma.
The proposed waste management network will include:
1. The Sorting Complex - hybridization of the waste economic industry with housing, recruiting “illegal“ informal waste pickers as service providers.
2. Inert hill Parks - the Landfill-mining and reclamation compost hill parks.
1. Formalizing and reorganizing the informal waste collection and recycling system and maximizing the recycling efficiency and economic value.
2. Protecting the waste pickers’ livelihood and providing them better living condition.
3. Proposing waste-built hill parks-new typology of public space.
4. Reducing air and ground water pollution caused by existing landfill and dysfunctional waste management system.
All rights reserved by the Yamuna River Project at the University of Virginia, 2017.
One West Range, Hotel A, Room B01. Charlottesville VA, 22904-4282.
P.O. Box 400282
+1 (434) 924-9742